My Blog

My blog has morphed over the years into different things. It is a place to learn about saving money, product reviews, cooking, gardening, and homesteading. It can take you to whatever has my attention at the moment and then back to the day to day. I hope you will learn something here and come back often.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Update

It is that time of year again...GARDENING!  I will be a little limited in what I can and can't do because of my rotator cuff surgery but I still have the fever to get out and play in the dirt.  What can I say~ I love it! 

Last year I planted at the beginning of April to make sure I got the garden in before the rains came.  This year has been crazy!!  It was too cold to plant early and now the rain has certainly set in!  We have had major storms (with tornado warnings) every 7-8 days for the past 3 weeks.  This means the ground is saturated and I cannot get into the garden.  I checked the forecast this morning and there is at least a 30% chance of rain every day for the next week. 

I'm sure the seeds that I planted have washed away by now.  We will probably have a nice crop growing down at the bottom of the hill.  The tomato plants that I started from seed were destroyed by the 70 mph wind that came through. 

My conclusion~~ soon it will be hot and dry and I can start all over again.  There is still plenty of time so no need to worry about the things we have no control over.  Life goes on.

COUPONING>>> I am a little behind in updating my savings/spending spreadsheet so I will work on that today.  I have had some great shopping trips to Walgreens and CVS lately so I will try to update you soon.

In the meantime, check out MyMemphisMommy.com.  This is where I find out about all of the great deals going on.  Right now you can print out $2/2 Reach Toothbrushes and get them free at Target and CVS.  Also be sure to print out the Dove Deodorant coupon.  It will be free next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment