My Blog

My blog has morphed over the years into different things. It is a place to learn about saving money, product reviews, cooking, gardening, and homesteading. It can take you to whatever has my attention at the moment and then back to the day to day. I hope you will learn something here and come back often.

Monday, December 5, 2011

No Stress December

I have decided to have a NO STRESS December!  Want to join me?

I have pretty much all of my Christmas shopping complete.  I have not worried and stressed over gifts this year.  I have tried to get the little things that my family has asked for but refuse to give in to the idea that we all need everything that is on our list!  I don't believe bigger is better and I don't believe that the more money I spend on someone the happier they will be! 

I have received many invitations to Christmas parties.  I have committed to only 1 of them.  I may go to more but I do not feel pressured to do so and will not be pressured into it.

I am not planning how many cookies or candies I need to make or what our Christmas meal should be.

Before you think I am a Scrooge please let me explain.  I love my family and friends!  That love is not based on presents given or received, meals cooked or not, or parties every night.  I don't want to fly through this Christmas season and never appreciate my family and friends because I am too busy with "things".  I want to take it all in and truly appreciate this season.  The best gifts will come and go but family lasts a lifetime.  Shouldn't they be treasured?

No comments:

Post a Comment