My Blog

My blog has morphed over the years into different things. It is a place to learn about saving money, product reviews, cooking, gardening, and homesteading. It can take you to whatever has my attention at the moment and then back to the day to day. I hope you will learn something here and come back often.

Monday, February 22, 2016

Hello World

Hello Blog!

Oh, how I have missed you!

I think of you often but, ashamedly, never sit down to write.

You are often in my thoughts and I long to tell you what is going on in my life but I find that if I do get time, I am too tired or too distracted or too ......

So, please let me catch you up on life.

My oldest is a high school senior this year.  We are headed out of town a little later to interview for a big college scholarship. He has worked at his part-time job for over a year and a half now.  He works and then comes home to do his school.  He has a 3.85 GPA and made a 28 on his last ACT!  Colleges are sending him letters daily but he knows the plans that God has for him and is faithfully following that call.  I am so proud of him.

My youngest has his driver's permit now.  He is anxiously awaiting the day that he can get his real license and get a job. He amazes me with his incredible talents that just seem to materialize over night.  One day, he took a bar of soap from the box and the next day he brings me a beautiful carved flower.  Now, he has started drawing and the drawings are awe-inspiring.  He is the very definition of introvert, yet he has this wonderful comedic flair that rears its head often and it never fails to make me smile. My youngest always has and always will occupy a very special place in my heart.

I am doing all I can to avoid the reality that we will soon be empty-nesters.  My heart will not allow my mind to go there.  When I do dare to peek into the future, I wonder what I will do with myself.  I have devoted myself to educating my children for the past 10 years.  What do I possibly do next?

You see blog, this is why I need you.  This is a season of change.  It will be wonderful to look back later and see how life has progressed and it will be therapeutic now to share my thoughts with you.

I plan on talking to you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment