My Blog

My blog has morphed over the years into different things. It is a place to learn about saving money, product reviews, cooking, gardening, and homesteading. It can take you to whatever has my attention at the moment and then back to the day to day. I hope you will learn something here and come back often.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

School Again

Well, it's that time of year again.  Where does the summer go?  I have spent the last couple of days cleaning out the homeschool room.  It's amazing how much stuff can accumulate in one area!  I have a whole list of things that I am selling so if you are a local homeschooler email me and I can send you the list.  I have it posted on the Oblique website and on the MHIS group.

We are trying a new approach to school this year (it seems like we try something new every year).  We are starting A World of Adventure unit study.  I have been reading through it tonight and it sounds like it is going to be really good.  There are a lot of hands-on projects that make school so much more interesting.  We are going to have an Egyptian meal the very first day.  The only downside that I can see is there is a lot of reading.  I won't have a problem with that but it will be an adjustment for the boys.  I told them that we will try the first 30 day study and then evaluate it to see if we want to go on from there.  That seems fair to me.

Oblique, our homeschool group, has some really great things going on this year.  I am excited to be a part of it and I am anxious to get my kids more involved.  Of course, my favorite part is Mom's Night Out.  I never thought I would enjoy it but it is so nice to meet other Mom's that go through the same struggles you do as a homeschooler.  I've gained priceless knowledge from all of them but I have to admit I have learned the most from Jen, our fearless leader.  She has taught me to relax and enjoy the ride...not that I have completely learned this lesson, but I am on my way.

I am very thankful to be able to homeschool my kids.  It has taken years to get to the place where I don't miss work and to feel that this is what I am supposed to be doing.  I am here now and I plan to take advantage of every minute with my boys.  God has truly blessed us and I want to be found faithful with the things that he has entrusted to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment