My Blog

My blog has morphed over the years into different things. It is a place to learn about saving money, product reviews, cooking, gardening, and homesteading. It can take you to whatever has my attention at the moment and then back to the day to day. I hope you will learn something here and come back often.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Purex Complete Crystal Softener

In the last blog I told you about a new product that I was trying out and I would be sending you more information soon.  Well, it is Purex Complete Crystal Softener!

I stopped using fabric softener years ago when my Mom told me how they ruin towels.  I did not really think about the science of it but this is what I have found out:

You see, almost all liquid fabric softeners are oil-based and they coat your fabrics in oil.  This will interfere with the absorbency of your towels.

Did you know that they can also make your children's sleepwear less safe?? Sleepwear for children must meet certain flame-retardant standards.  When the fabric is coated with these oils over and over it can impair the effectiveness of this treatment.

This is why I am so excited about Purex Complete Crystal Softener!  They are 92% natural and NOT oil-based! Instead of coating fabrics with oil, they work by penetrating the fabric and infusing the fibers with freshness that lasts for weeks...not days.  So, no worrying about towels or your children's sleepwear!

Would you like a coupon to try it for yourself?  It will make a believer out of you!  To be entered into the drawing for an e-coupon, "Follow" this blog and send a message saying that you are now following.  Be sure to include your email address in your message so I can reach you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment