My Blog

My blog has morphed over the years into different things. It is a place to learn about saving money, product reviews, cooking, gardening, and homesteading. It can take you to whatever has my attention at the moment and then back to the day to day. I hope you will learn something here and come back often.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Getting Better

It has been 3 weeks since my surgery.  My physical therapist is thrilled with my progress and is shocked every time I come in because of the range of motion that I have already gained back.  All I can say is ~ God answers prayer!  I was so scared to have surgery because of all of the horror stories that I had heard about it but it has not been bad at all. I can already say that I am in less pain now than I was before the surgery so I am really looking forward to being 100%!

I wanted to give a quick review on the freezer meals that I prepared pre-surgery.  First, they were a lifesaver!!  I don't know what we would have done without them!  We prepared one every night except the night my thoughtful neighbor brought us dinner.  Second, we really liked all of them except one.

The muffins were a great success.  They were really good heated up in the morning with a hot cup of coffee.  The enchiladas, chicken spaghetti and baked ziti turned out really well.  The only thing that we didn't care for was Ham and Swiss Pastry Bake.  It was good but really heavy and gooey.  I would not make it again.  The other life saver was Paula Deen's Boston Butt recipe.  If you get a 5 lb. boston butt you can divide it up after cooking and freeze for several meals.  It's always a hit!

After this experience I think I will start preparing more freezer meals.  It is so nice to know that you can just grab something from the freezer and have a meal that tastes good.  I will start posting recipes to the meals that we enjoyed and I'll let you know about the new ones I try.

Tomorrow I have a new product to tell you about.  I got a sample in the mail today and I'm anxious to try it and tell you about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment