My Blog

My blog has morphed over the years into different things. It is a place to learn about saving money, product reviews, cooking, gardening, and homesteading. It can take you to whatever has my attention at the moment and then back to the day to day. I hope you will learn something here and come back often.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Emergency Freezer Meals

Some of you already know that I will have surgery Thursday (Feb. 3) for a torn rotator cuff.  I can't tell you how much I am dreading it.  You know, the internet is a good thing but sometimes you can get too much information!  Anyway, I found out this past Thursday about the surgery and I have been in a panic ever since.  There is so much to do and so little time.

My first thoughts went to meals for Doug and the boys.  What can I cook now that they can eat later?  I started searching online for good freezer meals and came back with several that we will eat.  I thought I would pass some of them along.  Now, I have only begun the process so I can't tell you what they taste like.  I can follow up later and let you know how we liked them.  Oh, and some are healthy and some...not so much!

For breakfast I decided they can always eat cereal.  I made my own so that is easy to do in advance.  I'm also making some pancakes or waffles for the freezer.  And our first recipe~ muffins!

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins

2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour (I use whole wheat)
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
2/3 c. brown sugar
6 T. melted butter, cooled
1/2 c. peanut butter
2 large eggs
1 c. milk
3/4 c. chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar.  Set Aside
Whisk together butter, peanut butter, eggs and milk until smooth.  Add in the flour mixture and stir until just combined.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Divide equally into muffin tin...filling to the top.  Bake 17-20 minutes.

Sorry, I'm going to have to cut this blog short so here are the other things I made yesterday:  chicken enchiladas, chicken rice wraps, and baked ziti. 

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't have classed Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins as a "meal" - but I see where you are heading with this.  

    ReplyDelete