My Blog

My blog has morphed over the years into different things. It is a place to learn about saving money, product reviews, cooking, gardening, and homesteading. It can take you to whatever has my attention at the moment and then back to the day to day. I hope you will learn something here and come back often.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

First Deal of the New Year

Does it seem to you like this year is already flying by??  Things have been so busy here that I can't seem to get myself together. 

I did sit down last night and work on coupons while watching Auburn win the National Championship...sure wish it would have been Alabama again!!  Anyway, I got a couple of great deals today that I want to tell you about.

All of my shopping was at Walgreen's.  So, here we go:

I printed five (5) BOGO free Special K cereal coupons.  Walgreen's has them on sale 2/$5 plus you get a $2 register reward.  I ended up getting the cereal for $.25 per box!  I usually make all of our cereal from scratch but this was too good to pass up.

Lysol products are BOGO free.  I used a coupon for $1/2 so I paid $1.50 each for these.

Secret Flawless~ ok They are on sale BOGO 1/2 off.  I had a coupon Buy 2 Get 1 free.  I had another coupon for $2 off.  So because I actually bought 3 I could use both coupons.  My total ~ 3 for $5.50 (regularly $4.99 each).

2 Stayfree was $6.79 each.  I had a BOGO free coupon Plus scan the coupon in this week's salepaper for $3 off each.  My total~ $.40 each

The bottom line for my shopping trip today ---- $93.97 in products --- I paid $27.17 PLUS I rec'd $8 in register rewards.  My savings for the day 79.6%

No comments:

Post a Comment