My Blog

My blog has morphed over the years into different things. It is a place to learn about saving money, product reviews, cooking, gardening, and homesteading. It can take you to whatever has my attention at the moment and then back to the day to day. I hope you will learn something here and come back often.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Hello Blog

Wow, time flies when you stop blogging! I can quite honestly say that 2011 has been a year of ups and downs.  So much has happened that I just sit and shake my head as I think back on it. The conclusion though is God is faithful in all things and we press on.

My real reason for dusting off the old blog is because I like to blog as I start something new.  It keeps me focused on the goal.  What's the goal this time you ask?  Nothing completely new.  I just want to renew my quest for a healthier way of life for me and my family.

Those of you that know me already know that I love to garden.  We raise chickens so we have fresh eggs.  Some of you may not know that I grind my own grain to make our breads and pasta.  I buy milk from an old German farmer.  I make our yogurt from the milk and sometimes butter.  I buy fresh, in season produce from food co-ops whenever possible.

We are trying to eat "real" food as much as possible.  I want to cut down on trips to the grocery store and eliminate eating out.  This is difficult because, even though we homeschool, we lead a busy life and it's hard to always plan ahead.  So, here I am, confessing my shortcomings to whomever decides to read this blog and pledge to once again try harder.

Hopefully, I will be back tomorrow to tell you about the first steps in our quest!

No comments:

Post a Comment