My Blog

My blog has morphed over the years into different things. It is a place to learn about saving money, product reviews, cooking, gardening, and homesteading. It can take you to whatever has my attention at the moment and then back to the day to day. I hope you will learn something here and come back often.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Best Kroger Day Ever!!

I am so excited about all of my deals that I got today at Kroger today!  I believe this couponing business is a little addictive!  You can see in the picture what I got on the first trip.  My second trip consisted of 16 cans of Red Gold tomatoes.  Go here for a coupon.  I paid $3.00 for all 16 cans.  I could have gotten them all free but I messed up on my coupons...it happens...

Go here and print out 3 coupons for Ronzoni.  For you guys that are new to printing coupons, once you print your coupons, hit the back button on your browser 3 times and usually you will be able to print the coupons a second time.  If you have more than one computer in your house, you can do this at each computer and print multiple coupons.  I printed my coupons and then some nice person left some coupons on the shelf of pasta so I used theirs too.  I also had some regular coupons for Ronzoni.  ANYWAY...Kroger has a special right now...if you buy 10 items on the March Madness Sale you get $5 off.  This makes the Ronzoni $.49 each.  When used with the coupons they are FREE!!

You can also get Wheat Thins for $.99 by using this coupon plus the March Madness Sale.  And Triscuits for $.99 by going here.

I always check the clearance section of my Kroger before I leave the store.  Today they had Cinnamon Chex marked down to $1.09 and I had a coupon for $1.00 off.  They also had Old Spice Body Wash marked down to $1.29 and I had $1.00 off.  The milk in the picture is organic and marked down to $3.39, regularly $6.79.

Like I said earlier...I messed up a couple of times on my coupons today.  The special price is only good for sets of 10 items and I didn't realize it until after I left the store.  So I could have saved another couple of dollars but it's ok.  I'm still learning too!

So, here is the bottom line:

1st shopping trip Shelf Cost:  $159.78  .... I paid  $25.80

2nd shopping trip Shelf Cost:  $19.09...   I paid $4.49

That's $178.87 in groceries for $30.29!  83% Savings!  Yeah, I'm happy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment