My Blog

My blog has morphed over the years into different things. It is a place to learn about saving money, product reviews, cooking, gardening, and homesteading. It can take you to whatever has my attention at the moment and then back to the day to day. I hope you will learn something here and come back often.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Money Maker Day

I MADE $2 profit on my shopping trip to Walgreen's today!  I love days like this!!  Here are a couple of things I did:
I had a coupon for Free Purex Crystals - I waited for this sale and got it free PLUS $2 register reward
Purex Detergent is on sale for $2.99 - I had a coupon for $3 off
I had a Buy One Get One Free coupon for Gillette Deodorant - It's on sale BOGO free so BOTH were free!
Irish Spring Deodorant is on sale 2/$6 and get a $4 register reward.  I had 2 coupons for $1 off - so they were free.
I had a BOGO free for Gatorade and it's on sale for $.69 each.  The coupon made these $.34 each

I also had a great shopping trip to Kroger this morning.  I saved $75.54 (47%).  Ideally, I would like to have a higher percentage saved but this trip included a lot of fresh fruits, vegetables and meat so there are not as many coupons available.  I bought $49.10 worth of meat and $25.26 if fresh fruit and veggies!  That makes everything else that I bought basically free!

No comments:

Post a Comment