My Blog

My blog has morphed over the years into different things. It is a place to learn about saving money, product reviews, cooking, gardening, and homesteading. It can take you to whatever has my attention at the moment and then back to the day to day. I hope you will learn something here and come back often.

Monday, March 8, 2010

New Week

Well, it is a new week and it's off to a bang! My husband has a "situation" at work that we are praying about.  My youngest son and I had a very rough day of school and we had another death in the family this morning.  Another earthquake is in the news and I'm wondering what will come next. Whatever comes will be met with the assurance that God is in control.

Now, on to saving money$$$ I quickly ran by Walgreen's and CVS yesterday. 
Walgreens has a great deal if you need Resveratrol (antioxidant vitamin).  They are on sale BOGO.  Pick up the Walgreen's coupon book in the front of the store and there is a coupon for $5 off.  This will take $5 off of each bottle making them FREE ($20 value). 
Use Nestle Crunch coupon in Walgreen's ad for $.49 each.  Use BOGO coupon.
Honey Bunches of Oates $1.75 each then use $1/2 coupon.
My total bill $3.99  Savings $26.59

CVS - I had to spend a little more money at CVS in order to restock my ECB's.  This is what I bought:
2 Raisin Bran $2.50 each (Saved $2 each) used (2) $1 coupon
2 Corn Flakes $2.50 each (Saved $2 each) then rec'd $5 ECB
2 Pantene Shampoo $3.49 each (saved $1.79 each) $3 coupon
Oral B toothbrush $4  used $.75 coupon rec'd $4 ECB
Always 20 ct. $2.99 (saved $.70) used $1 coupon
Charmin 12 ct $5.97 used $1 coupon rec'd $1 ECB
Used $3 ECB from previous purchase

Bottom Line:  cost $21.28 savings $25.03      PLUS $12 ECB

You can save a lot of money if you use your ECB's to purchase items that earn back ECB's.  I had trouble with mine when we were out of town for the funeral and then I came home and was sick.  I was not able to turn them around like I normally do.

Another note.  I signed up for cellfire.com today.  You can select coupons to be added to your Kroger card so you don't need to print them.  You can check out Shortcuts.com too.  It does the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment