My Blog

My blog has morphed over the years into different things. It is a place to learn about saving money, product reviews, cooking, gardening, and homesteading. It can take you to whatever has my attention at the moment and then back to the day to day. I hope you will learn something here and come back often.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What's New

As I am sure you can tell from the lack of blogging, I have been really busy lately.  This week we said goodbye to my parent's elderly neighbor.  We've known her for 20 years now.  Her son came and got her to move her to an assisted living facility in NC.  It was really hard seeing her go.  I usually see or talk to her every other week.  The boys have known her all of their lives.

Our beloved little dog Prancer also died this week.  She was 6.5 years old.  She was diagnosed last October with fluid around her heart.  They were able to drain the fluid but told us if it came back that she probably wouldn't live.  Well, it came back.  She died in my lap on the way to the vet Monday.  It has been very, very sad.  You know, I'm not a cryer but I cry every time I think of her and every time I come in the house.  She was such a huge part of our family to be such a little dog.

I have been busy trying to get my garden in before the rain this weekend.  I got the last of it tilled and planted today.  I just have a few small things to do then I can relax for a little bit.

I have not had time to buy groceries or sort my coupons in several weeks.  It just is not a priority right now.  We are still eating out of the pantry and freezer for most meals.  I am also trying to use up some of my canned goods to get ready for this year's canning.

I will probably host another canning class at my house in a few weeks.  I just need time to recuperate from this week and get things back in order then I will come up with a date.

No comments:

Post a Comment