My Blog

My blog has morphed over the years into different things. It is a place to learn about saving money, product reviews, cooking, gardening, and homesteading. It can take you to whatever has my attention at the moment and then back to the day to day. I hope you will learn something here and come back often.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

CVS

I have very intentionally avoided CVS since their recent influx into the Memphis area. I was a little aggravated that they chose to build on every corner opposite Walgreens. I’m not sure why I took this so personally but I did


I have looked over their ads every week but nothing convinced me to go in until they had the BOGO Hellman’s mayonnaise a couple of weeks ago. That was the straw that broke the camel’s back!

Since my first purchase I have ventured into CVS on multiple occasions. This week I find myself going there more than Walgreens. In fact, I MAY have a new favorite store!

I am going to quickly tell you about some of the deals that I got this week. They are awesome! Remember the way to shop at Walgreens and CVS is to buy things that earn you Register Rewards (RR) or Extra Care Bucks (ECB) and then use them on future purchases. Try to make sure that your future purchases will earn RR or ECB’s so you keep “rolling over” your savings.

You will see my previous purchase from CVS on my post “How to Roll Over Your Register Rewards”. Yesterday this is what I got:

Aussie Shampoo $2.99 - $1/1 coupon= $1.99

Cottonelle TP $12.88

2 Purex Detergent Buy one get one $.01 so 2/$6.50 - $1/1 coupon PLUS BOGO coupon from yesterday’s mail means I actually made $1 on this purchase

My total purchase was $21.90 My coupons and ECB’s were $22.49. I MADE $.59 on this transaction AND earned $6 in ECB’s. Now did they pay me?? No. Blake decided that he needed to buy some modeling clay with his money that he got from his Grandparents for Valentine’s day so his transaction was included in mine.

Today I went to CVS again and bought:

Cottonelle TP $5.99

Planters mixed nuts 4 @ $1.37 each (clearance)

Planters DigestiveHealth Nuts 2 @ $1.62 each (clearance)

2 Purex Detergents same as above

1 coke zero (so I could use a $2 off coupon!)

Total price $24.29 Coupons and ECB’s $16 total cost $8.29

The reason that I paid $8?? I found out when I got home that they did not credit my Purex coupon which is $6.50 off. I have called CVS and they said they would make it good if I can get back up there tonight. Lesson learned – Watch everything they key in! Do not let your kids distract you! 

I also earned another $3 ECB on this transaction!

Ok...I walked out to the truck to head back to CVS.  When I opened the door, something fell out.  It was my BOGO coupon for Purex!! I guess I am the one that made a mistake!!

I also forgot to tell you about my great deal from Target.  Remember I told you we are collecting items for missionaries in Mexico that work at an orphanage.  Well, one of the items they needed were flip flops for the kids to wear in the shower areas.  Target had theirs on clearance!! Kids sizes were $.25 and adults were $.70!! Don't bother looking for them at the store in Olive Branch.  I bought 40 pair!

No comments:

Post a Comment