My Blog

My blog has morphed over the years into different things. It is a place to learn about saving money, product reviews, cooking, gardening, and homesteading. It can take you to whatever has my attention at the moment and then back to the day to day. I hope you will learn something here and come back often.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

My Week...in review

I have had trouble finding time to sit down the last couple of days to write.  There are a lot of things that I want to tell you about so I hope I have time to get it all in before I hear my name being called...again.

First, I want to tell you about the great hotel deal I got for our JBQ (Junior Bible Quiz) team.  We are headed to Districts in Murfreesboro, TN on March 20.  We needed 4 rooms but we have learned not to stay at the hotel that everyone else is staying at.  An entire state full of JBQ kids K-6th grade make for a very loud hotel.  Anyway, I started doing my research to find a hotel that was (1) nice, (2) no exterior doors, (3) indoor pool, (4) free, hot breakfast.  I finally decided on the Fairfield Inn in Smyrna.  I called to see if I could get a deal on 4 rooms and they said it would be $110 per night.  I checked online through Marriot (the parent company) and got a rate for $89 + a price guarantee.  They guarantee to match any lower price found online PLUS reduce the price by 25%!  So, I booked all 4 rooms at $89 then I filed the paperwork showing that I found an online rate for their hotel for $80 per night.  They quickly approved my claim and advised that our rooms were now $60 each.  They also had a deal where if you pay with a VISA you get a $15 gift card back per room....so...the bottom line.... We are getting 4 - $110 rooms for $45 each! yea!

I also got some great deals yesterday at Walgreens and CVS.  I purchased 5 12-packs of Pepsi, 2 Tostitos, 1 Starbucks Frappuccino and 1 2-liter Pepsi for $2.33!  Yes, that is two dollars and thirty-three cents! I also received a $10 register reward on top of that!

CVS has their Hellmann's Mayo BOGO.  I got 4 and used 4 coupons for $.50 off.  Then I used $4.50 in CVS rewards.  The final price was $6.43 for 4.  I saved $18.48.  If you are a Mayo person you know that Hellmann's is the BEST!

Well, I got most of what I had to say in and now I am being paged to the other end of the house.  I have a pot of turkey vegetable soup on cooking that needs to be stirred too.  I hope to have the menu for next week posted tomorrow.  Let me know if you are starting your family menus or beginning to use coupons a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment